Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am a geek

I admit it.

It has taken a while to come to that conclusion.

Ok.. so maybe not.

But.. Here is what I discovered.

I can mess up my phone by trying to be too ‘techy’. I did that this summer and just decided rather than go through the hassle of trying to fix it, I bought a new one. I made a promise to myself that I would figure this one out even if it meant READING the directions. (Gasp.. READING? ug)

So.. here is what I have figured out. I finally have all my contacts back in my phone because I was bright enough over the summer to sync up my phone with my school’s outlook account and all my phone contacts imported into there. So NOW I have it working both directions. Phone to outlook, outlook to phone. Just wish I could get Hotmail contacts in there as well :S Anyone know how to do that?

My calendar, tasks, memos are also syncing properly – yeah! I can keep techno-organized.

I ALSO setup so that I can post directly to my blogs from my phone through emails AND can post my videos to YouTube from my phone. Before I was plugging my phone into the computer, moving the video files to my computer and then uploading them to YouTube. What a pain and time consuming.

So..in all of this, I was wondering what you figured out lately? Any new thing that technology had you baffled and now it doesn’t? Or any new timesaver or cool thing you found that you like? I love discovering how technology can help me in my life.

8 comments:

  1. I have figured out how to use Facebook finally. I still have a little more to find out, but I'm getting there. E-mail used to have me baffeled, now it does not. I really don't know a lot about technology. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I don't really have the luxury of finding anything out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really haven't learned anything new, but my friend is going to give me her Ipod nano. Once I get this I am going to have to figure it out because I never have owned an Ipod.
    As

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have figured out that i can hook my phone to my computer and send reallt long texts and not have to type them on my phone

    zach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, not really to tell you the truth I worked long hours all summer long and I really didnt have any time for new technology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. justin
    Well i havn't really figured out anything that has me baffled. I'm not that good. But i have figured out how much the internet could help. I guess it kind of has me baffled in a way. It's amazing though how much in on the internet that can help, from social networking to google docs to blog sites to informational sites it's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reconnecting my dish. Watching the Broncos game outside with my mom and my neighbor outside i had to take our dish otuside. I discunected all the cords and sat it up outside. After the game i had to connect it all back together. When i got all the cords connected i turned it on. It didnt work. After awhile i finally put a cord in a different place and it worked. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since i am always on the road i use my Iphone for every thing, i use it to check facebook and email and even write english essays on it, i use it to buy music and movies that i want to see off of itunes and listen to music in a pickup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kayllie:
    Well twitter...im not a fan of it cuz it kicks my bum...but i really would like to use a Kindle. I think it would be a neat thing for school to have all your text books right there. Especially for like research papers its all right there.

    ReplyDelete