Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Evernote

I have used a program called MS Onenote for quite a while now and love it. The only thing I wanted Microsoft to do for me was make it portable across the internet so I didn't have to always be AT my one computer to find the stuff I wanted. I have different stuff on my computer at home and my computer at work. I needed stuff back and forth all the time.

So...one day I decided to type into Bing "Onenote online" and here is what I happened...

I knew that I didn't want to go to Microsoft's page. I already know that OneNote isn't online. So I looked at the next result and came across a familiar title. This is a web blog that I read sometimes, so I went to it. I read a little about what he was wanting also and agreed.. yup. That is exactly what I was looking for too.

2

I saw there there were comments on the post, so I clicked on those to see what other people had to say on the subject

3

Then the last post described a product that I thought sounded just like what I was looking for. I clicked on the link and found Evernote.

4

I looked around their website and read about some of the features.

6

I decided to download and install it for a trial.

5

So.. I would like you to look around and see what you think of the product and how you think it would fit in your life.

Answer in the comments 2 questions.
1 – What feature do you like about this program?
2 – Give one example of how you would use this in your day to day life.

11 comments:

  1. I like how can publish your writing for everyone on evernote to read if you like.

    Well I would use if i wanted someone's advice about a piece of my writing, or if i wrote something I reallt like and want people across the world to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feature that I like about this program is that we can save all of our files on there and it will help us with research in the future, time will only tell.

    I’m going to use this in my day-to-day life by putting some of my thoughts into it some days and some days I might just forget about it for the night and think what I’m going to right about in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this program because It allows me to do a lot of stuff and keep track of all my pictures, files and other things that I wouldn’t want to loose. I like how you can keep track of all the money you spend like you can put your receipts and stuff. You can research websites for school, work and home.

    I would use this program in my day-to-day life when I’m doing homework. When we have research papers it will allow us to save all of our work and pictures and other things to this website. So then I could just get on it at home or where ever and add more stuff to my files.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole,
    I like this site because it will keep all of you things, (Web pages, Photos, Screen Shots, and Notes.) It captures, automatically processed, indexed, and made it searchable, so I wont loose anything.

    On every day to day life, this could be helpful if you’re a traveling business person, and you have a plane ticket, you don’t loose it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I like that you can create to do lists, keep your nots from class, research web sites directly from your browser, and write down phone numbers so that you can rememebr them later. The name of a song you just heard, your travel plans, you can write random thoughts, use it for research papers and write certain facts that you would like to know more about. You can write just about anything in your note book and be able to access it on any computer, as long as you have an account.

    2. I could use this in my day to day life because I could use it to keep track of my schedule, i can write topics that i could use for research papers. I could use this to keep track of pretty much anything I need to, and be able to access it wherever as long as im by a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feature that I really like about this program is that it can be really helpful with research papers. I can clip little details I want from the browser I am using and insert into Evernote and Evernote will organize it for me. You can keep separate note books for every assignment. What else I really like is that Evernote can even recognize handwriting within images. I would use Evernote in my everyday life by putting my notes in there

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that it can find anything fast. It can also organize whatever I see fit to. I would use it to organize my work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like this program because it is very diverse. You can use it for picks papers and lots of other thing

    In my everday life i could use it for research papers, sharing videos like movies i had to make last year.

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.I like this progam becasue on Evernote you can save your ideas, things you see, and things you like. Then find them all on any computer or device you use. For free.

    2. I could use this becasue it could be vary handy when it comes to school work. You could use this program at school or at home.
    AS

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. You can use Evernote everywhere you go. 2. Finding things quickly for classes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. i like that you can search for stuff fast
    2. i will use it for homework because i hate waiting


    zach

    ReplyDelete