Friday, February 11, 2011

Portable CD Players... Outdated?

Portable CD Players:
One thing that I think is outdated nowadays is the portable CD player. They were ran off batteries and you had to carry around tons of discs with them. They were a very strange size (big and skinny) and could not fit in your pocket. When you we listening to them in a vehicle, they would skip. Vehicle CD players are still in use because you can hold CDs in your car easier than you can haul them around in your backpack. I think that the MP3 player replaced the portable CD player, but I think that the MP3 player was short lived and was replaced by the Multimedia players like Ipods and Zunes. Ipods and Zunes are favored because they can hold up to as much as 2400 CDs on them as well as they are very sleek and they do more than play music.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Think about the new cars now that have some type of plug in for ipods and other devices. CD players in cars will be out soon. I don’t carry around any CD’s anymore. I download from itunes and have a Belkin ipod/radio adapter in my car.

    ReplyDelete